After the recent Report from Cisco, it proves that the telcos are really in need of a solution to offload their spectrum. In some places, the incumbent hotspot/hotzone WiFi providers would like to seize the opportunities and partner with the mobile telcos.
Jeff Thompson, CEO of Towerstream said:
"Without effectively taking advantage of alternative technologies, handling this data on current networks is like fighting a tsunami with an umbrella"
Here's some Net resources regarding this topic:
- WiFi Data Offload's Blog
- Qualcomm's 3G/WiFi Seamless Offload (PDF File)
- New Ways of Thinking in Wireless (Jeff Thompson CEO wrote in his Blog)
- So Much Demand So Little Time (Slides)
- 4G with WiFi - Changing the Wireless Game
- Elitecore’s 3G/4G - WiFi Offload
- Mobile Data Offload - Can WiFI Deliver? (PDF File)