- What's the Cloud? Very "cloudy" I guess...
- I don't understand what's so special about this Cloud "hype" because the concept has been in existence for many many years by the telcos and the ISP providers.
- Gmail as an example of Cloud Application? There are numerous ISP hosted Email services for their corporate users. And whenever you subscribed to its Internet services, a consumer will also be assigned an email address. Why don't we call that it a Cloud Service back then? Its the same as SaaS (Software as a Service), right?
- When NTT DoCoMo launched its mobile portal which allowed their customers to have their own customized services, its also part of the Cloud.
- When Apple launched MobileMe, Apple did not even called it as a Cloud. Even the concept of iTunes is also so-called "Cloud"
- Then - why are we so hyped-up with this "Cloud Computing" concept? I don't know... but maybe you can tell us why...
You can follow me at Twitter.